Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

· Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
how did you mount the ULB42?
i used the universal brackets that came with the bar. i used 3m grey tape to attatch to the bar(the good stuff) and then slid the mounts between visor bracket and headliner. ill take some closeups of everything tomm and get it posted.

· Registered
2,477 Posts
carter where did your purchase the lights?

· Premium Member
353 Posts
i used the universal brackets that came with the bar. i used 3m grey tape to attatch to the bar(the good stuff) and then slid the mounts between visor bracket and headliner. ill take some closeups of everything tomm and get it posted.
sweet. Because thats the bar I was actually looking at. So looking forward to the inside pics. Thanks. :rockin

· Registered
3,833 Posts
thats awesome! :cool:

ben

· Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
carter where did your purchase the lights?
i purchased the grill lights from lonestarpse dot com and purchased the interior bar and strobes off craigslist from a firefighter in a nearby city. everything was new in the box when i bought them. paid like $400 for the bar and strobes. everything is made by soundoff signal. they make great products. i used to have all whelen til i realized i was paying for a name and not getting any better quality then what i have now. not to mention the lights i have now have better warranties.

· Registered
2,733 Posts
made it myself. the black plastic was already in place and just made the cut-outs to place the rocker switches. took the dask apart to run wires. really quite simple.

AH ok, makes since now, because you have the pass. air bag switch so that is all covered, on my truck it's an open cubby. How tough are those lights? We use wheelen's on our trucks at work, and man they cost a lot, and for how often we have to send power supply's and ballasts you would think they were an inferior product.

*EDIT* I see your using soundoff's we had a rep come show us them a few months ago, and you are right, a very nice product and much more economical than wheelen, the sound off's also come with the mounting bracket, unlike wheelen which apparently any light we ever need is on national back order, and so are the separate mounting brackets.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.