Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so remember all i have on my truck is an economy tune

sunday i was feelin a little cocky an i have a buddy who just bought a new 2011 f150 with the v6 an "twin" turbo we lined up an i had him 0- about 50 after that he pulled away, damn 6 speed haha.

i rode in it afterwards an guys i HATE ford with a burning passion but those little bastards have some get up an go to em

·
Registered
897 Posts
That is embarrassing. If I lost to a Ford V6, I would do whatever I needed to never lose to it again.

·
Registered
813 Posts
My economy tune is based off of a 125 hp tune. MPG when I need it and whenever I go WOT, its go time!

·
HERE SO I DONT GET FINED
2,860 Posts
That sucks! What does one of those Furd ecoboosts run in the quarter?

·
Premium Member
1,972 Posts
Here's a few specs and performance figures for the ecoboost
ENGINE TYPE: twin-turbocharged and intercooled DOHC 24-valve V-6, aluminum block and heads, direct fuel injection

Displacement: 213 cu in, 3490 cc
Power (SAE net): 365 bhp @ 5000 rpm
Torque (SAE net): 420 lb-ft @ 2500 rpm

TRANSMISSION: 6-speed automatic with manumatic shifting

DIMENSIONS:
Wheelbase: 144.5–163.1 in Length: 231.8–250.4 in
Width: 79.2 in Height: 74.8–76.7 in
Curb weight (C/D est): 5000–5800 lb

PERFORMANCE (C/D EST):
Zero to 60 mph: 6.5–7.5 sec
Standing ¼-mile: 15.0–16.0 sec

FUEL ECONOMY (C/D EST):
EPA city/highway driving: 16–17/22–23 mpg

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
That is embarrassing. If I lost to a Ford V6, I would do whatever I needed to never lose to it again.
why dont you go ride in one an get off ur high horse. in case u missed it i said all i have is an economy tune in an 8000 pound truck with a 5 speed compared to a truck thats at least 2000 pounds lighter with a 6 speed. ANYTHING with a 6 speed auto is gonna walk all over a 5 spd anyday of the week in top end especially when he can rap another 2000 rpms then i can

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Those trucks run pretty good. My brother has a 100hp efi tune and almost got beat by one last week. There's videos on YouTube of them going 14.6 at 93 in the 1/4. Completely stock

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
i have a buddy with one and it gets it o yea they kill the chevy in the tow test by over 42 feet that truck is mean for a half ton

·
Registered
897 Posts
why dont you go ride in one an get off ur high horse. in case u missed it i said all i have is an economy tune in an 8000 pound truck with a 5 speed compared to a truck thats at least 2000 pounds lighter with a 6 speed. ANYTHING with a 6 speed auto is gonna walk all over a 5 spd anyday of the week in top end especially when he can rap another 2000 rpms then i can
I don't really know what to say to this. I don't know why you feel I'm on a high horse, I was just saying that I PERSONALLY, would be embarrassed if I got beat by a V6 Ford. I am in no way insulting your truck. Now what I will say, since you got me in this mood, is that if you believe what you said about anything with a 6 speed auto will beat anything with a 5 speed in top end, you my friend are an IDIOT. [/RANT] Have a great day.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Yay, a coworker of mine priced one of those ecoboosts about 3 months ago, thinking he was going to trade in his 2004 F-250 on it. The price on the one he looked at with every bell and whistle in it was $52300.00. I told him for another grand he could gave a new Dmax - a real truck!!

·
Premium Member
1,972 Posts
The Ford ecoboost is a nice setup if you want a truck just to drive. If your going to tow anything, your fuel economy is worse than their V10. Co-workers brother bought one....yes the performance is good, but if your on boost you will get a lot less fuel economy than the Chevy 5.3 If you decide to tow a boat or pull a trailer...He's getting 7mpg towing a 5,000 boat.

·
Registered
510 Posts

Ummm what??? You should read up on gear ratios and such

I guess you would say that my kenworth is faster than my dads Camaro because the KW has 13 gears and the camaro has a 2 speed powerglide?????:rofl

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
so, a 67 chevelle SS with 4 on the floor will get walked by a semi?

·
Registered
296 Posts
ANYTHING with a 6 speed auto is gonna walk all over a 5 spd anyday of the week in top end especially when he can rap another 2000 rpms then i can
Stupid statement of the day (two days ago) :rofl

My 4 speed auto does pretty damn good on the top end. With the 4k tune...top speeds gotta be over 130, maybe 140 (speedo stops at 120 but she keeps pulling).

I'd put money I'd walk an ecoboost pile o' chit up top, 2k lbs heavier and two gears less:D And it's still pretty stock

·
Registered
379 Posts
i have a buddy with one and it gets it o yea they kill the chevy in the tow test by over 42 feet that truck is mean for a half ton
IF you are referring to the tow test I believe you are, Ford/whoever did the test used a 5.3L with 3.42 gearing against the Ecoboost. If you want similar power numbers to the ECO, they should have used the 6.2L, but you know FORD, they compare their new trucks to previous model trucks!:cool::cookoo[1]: Chris

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
IF you are referring to the tow test I believe you are, Ford/whoever did the test used a 5.3L with 3.42 gearing against the Ecoboost. If you want similar power numbers to the ECO, they should have used the 6.2L, but you know FORD, they compare their new trucks to previous model trucks!:cool::cookoo[1]: Chris
Yup^^ just how they put the 2011 powerstroke against the 2010 duramax and cummins..But the 5.3 is the chevy equivalent to the Eco boost. The 6.2 chevy would be with the 6.2 ford. The 5.3 with 3.42 gears is a mega turd. I'm sitting In a suburban with that exact setup right now and I can honestly say I'd rather have the 3.73's or 4.10's. 3.42's suck!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I raced a eco-boost yesterday, it was alot closer than i thought it would be. I pulled about a length on him at about 70 though.

·
Registered
392 Posts
i would be embarrassed if i got beat by a V6 FORD to

·
Registered
116 Posts
Wait till the guys get the 100hp tune working on the f150's. The Sho with a 100hp tune runs 12's.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts