Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't make my mind up on what I want, looking for opinions/comments etc to help narrow my search.
I traded a LBZ with 167k last September for a'14 Sierra 1500 and have regretted it ever since. Been looking to get back to a duramax since February or so scouring craigslist and auto trader every evening.

Being that i loved my LBZ truck, is there a reason I wouldn't love a LMM or LML just as much if not more?
I don't know much about them, other then that the LMM is very similar to LBZ but with the added DPF which I would do a delete.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
I say find another LBZ, cause there all I know too

There's still a few lower mileage ones out there

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are...but Im not paying $30k for one. Missed out on a mint 4x4 lt3 with 130k for $19900. Seeing as most I come across are in the mid to high 20s, it just makes me think thats just too much for a truck coming up on 10 years of age.

·
Registered
16,268 Posts
If you plan to delete get a LMM or LML. Plus newer looking body style.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
i wanna hear peoples opinions too. my perfect LBZ just got totaled last week. waiting to hear from my insurance and the kids insurance.
im torn on going newer with all the emissions and stuff. but I cant find any good LBZ's

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
I loved my LMM, probably my favorite, but I did put a lot of time and money into it. I couldn't justify spending almost 30k on a bone stock truck that's 10 years old. I think truck prices are ridiculous right now!

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
well eithers 30k on a bone stock or 40k on a bone stock newer truck and doing the same mods. both options suck lol

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
touche

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
doing searches now. I didn't realize how hard it is to find any 2010 LMM out there. they are becoming the new LBZ's!! last year with out DEF.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well right now there aren't any lbz trucks that fit my criteria within 500 miles right now... but I came across a couple newer trucks;

2011 LML LTZ CCSB with 52k for $39.5k

2009 LMM LTZ CCSB with 99k for $35k

2011 LML SLT CCSB with 99k for $35k

Based on those three, I think it may be worth the extra $5k for a pretty low mileage truck. Seen a few LML Denali's in that same mileage/price range but they've all got tan interior which is a deal breaker for me.

·
Registered
16,268 Posts
I wish I had tan interior. :(

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I love my LMM and my LBZ. There's things I like better about each truck verses the other.

The LMM is an LTZ interior, which I prefer over the 08-14 "LT" interior.

THe LBZ gets better fuel MPG than the dually LMM.
THe LMM is quieter.

The center console in the LMM is annoying at times because it's too tall - it get's in the way of my arm.

LMM= no DEF. WOOHOO.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I agree... not a fan of the non SLT/LTZ interior of the 07-14 trucks. I prefer the tahoe style door panels and dash layout as well as the console.

Do the 07-14 trucks have bluetooth?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
really thinking about pulling the trigger on an white CCSB 4wd LML... have it narrowed down to 3

Any major differences in year models between 2011 and 2012?

Have my eyes on a '12 Denali LML with 60k, '11 LTZ LML with 46k, and a '11 LTZ LML with 52k. All are relatively close on price, but something that kind of concerns me is that all 3 trucks have had two owners already which seems odd to me?
I know they all have remainder of the power train warranty, while the Denali may seem too over the top fancy for me I think. Ive never owned a truck with that many comfort amenities before lol

One thing that also concerns me is that this truck won't be driven a lot, so if the DEF system is kind of finicky and the fluid can expire over a short period of time that may be an issue. I have a vehicle I use for work so this truck will be driven on weekends and probably not every weekend at that with an occasional weekend 600 mile trip.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
all nice trucks there.
as far as the DEF goes. they do have a one year "shelf life".
i just found out my truck is not going to get totalled! believe it or not an 06 with 150k on it has a NADA value of $27,500!! and as of right now they are up to $18k in repairs.
perfect time to upgrade A LOT! ;)
figured i would throw that in there.
good luck on your search!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.