Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my truck used a while ago and today i was up under the dash just looking around and i found 2 switches...plain jane switches and very small...they each only have 2 wires going to each of them, and just on, off options..theres no extra lights or a stereo on the truck or ever any signs of them being on the truck..i was just wondering if any one knew a way to find out wat they are or have any idea what they could be...one switch seems to go up to the dash but im not really feeling like taking the dash off to follow the wire...:confused:

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
What do they look like, could be a efi live dsp2 switch and a high idle switch like i have, both of mine are mounter in the lowest lip of the dash out of site!!!!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
silver switch...with a silver stem coming out...and it says off on top and in red on on bottom...about dime size all together if that big

·
Registered
15 Posts
I do not know if this is the case, but I bought a truck once that had a similar setup and the previous owner had made a toggle switch to shut off odometer. It was an electrical nightmare, but he did it. I hope that this is not your case.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Maybe you have a remote start on there and they didn't give you the remote?? It could be just about anything.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do not know if this is the case, but I bought a truck once that had a similar setup and the previous owner had made a toggle switch to shut off odometer. It was an electrical nightmare, but he did it. I hope that this is not your case.
I think i would prolly just shoot someone if that was the case, its to late now but first thing tomorrow I'm trying that to see what happens, i tried playing with them tonight while driving seeing if idle or anything changed and nothing seemed to....hopefully your not right cause i wouldn't even know where to start to get mad..does anyone know if on star can track mileage cause that be sweet...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just thought id let you guys know....that i got a early birthday gift and thats remote start!! :) i had another remote with the keys but when i went to their website to find out what it was it said it was just another 2way remote, so i just took it off and put it in a drawer...well i got it back out today and flipped both switches on and hit the button twice and bam...the truck started...made me pretty happy...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts