Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I forgot to mention that this is in the place of the factory OB2 port, it is plugged into I and a new one comes off it?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The sticker says M-Labs and the serial number, it has a green light that stays on and red light that never comes on. It was never a fleet truck, it was some guy in Texas who lifted it and deleted all the emission stuff.

I have a 67 tube chassis nova, do you race?

·
Premium Member
17,807 Posts
Some insurance companies add something to the OBDII port to track mileage-- suppose to get a discount on the insurance.

I would remove it and see if it affects anything

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
It either has something to do with keeping the ecu and/or pcm in check due to the emissions being deleted OR its some kind of tattle tale. Which explains the fleet question. My fleet company truck had an expensive GPS tracking unit on it. The company discontinued the use of those units and installed a unit about twice the size of yours in the OBD port and it has red, yellow, and green lights on it. It's WAY more advanced that the old units, tracking is precise to within 3 feet, and it can tell acceleration rate, braking rates, seat belt usage, turn signal useage,.... it wouldn't surprise me if they can tell what radio station I listen to and how loud the volume is.

·
Registered
19,275 Posts
The sticker says M-Labs and the serial number, it has a green light that stays on and red light that never comes on. It was never a fleet truck, it was some guy in Texas who lifted it and deleted all the emission stuff.

I have a 67 tube chassis nova, do you race?
We need pictures.

No but been around it my whole life. Helped my dad with drag bikes and then my uncle with his outlaw 10.5 car and his pro mod car. He just sold the pro mod car and is going to start drag radial racing.

Some insurance companies add something to the OBDII port to track mileage-- suppose to get a discount on the insurance.

I would remove it and see if it affects anything
It either has something to do with keeping the ecu and/or pcm in check due to the emissions being deleted OR its some kind of tattle tale. Which explains the fleet question. My fleet company truck had an expensive GPS tracking unit on it. The company discontinued the use of those units and installed a unit about twice the size of yours in the OBD port and it has red, yellow, and green lights on it. It's WAY more advanced that the old units, tracking is precise to within 3 feet, and it can tell acceleration rate, braking rates, seat belt usage, turn signal useage,.... it wouldn't surprise me if they can tell what radio station I listen to and how loud the volume is.
I agree with these guys.

·
Registered
250 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Your the man

You have found it, looks like the previous owner was on the radar. That thing is in the trash as soon as I get home.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Silly question: why not call the previous owner and ask?

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,485 Posts
Ex-wife's hubby tracker....caught....divorce lost.....sell truck. Downerrr

1 - 14 of 14 Posts