Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fox 2.0 shocks is what im ordered, i have 2" front 3" back, cognito uppers, stock will not work over extented, and there 1" over stock will not work, the next option is 4-6" which i ordered will this be ok? what are you guys running ? thanks

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
When I had my level kit which was 2.25" (front) and 0" (back), I had the following parts which were supplied by NorCal:
Front Fox 2.0 Shocks (part number 980-24-963)
Rear Fox 2.0 Shocks (part number 980-24-664)
Check those part numbers on Fox's web site and you'll see their lift recommendations are for 0-1", but they also supplied the shock extenders for the front shocks.

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
And by the way, these shocks came with NorCal's complete Stage 6 kit which included the Cognito UCA's, etc. The shocks however were stock length (or rather 0 - 1" lift) and just used shock extenders to account for the extended length to drop the from the upper mounting position by about 1.5".

Now, the 3" lift you have on the back is a new one on me... I might want to go for either the 4 - 6" rears shocks or modify the receiver brackets on the axle or... you have to ask someone else on that. HmmMMmm

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya hard to say, fox does'nt show the extended length and collapsed lengths of shocks

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
stock extended is -18.61

stock collapsed is-13.17

fox extended is-22.61

collapsed is-15.17

diff ext-4"

diff collapsed-2"

diff 2" collapsed and 2" lift in front should be fine what you guys think?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fox 2013-2011 Front 4-6" 980-24-965

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks man

·
Registered
488 Posts
have my tbars cranked way up and stock shocks are shot all the shocks i looked at seem really short that are made for a leveling kit i found some that are supposed to be for a 6 inch lift ....
Collapsed: 13.37
Extended: 22.18

so if you say
stock extended is -18.61
stock collapsed is-13.17

then those should be perfect right?

·
Registered
488 Posts
nevermind i see this thread is about 2011+ trucks ...anyone know the length on 01-10 trucks???

1 - 12 of 12 Posts