Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to get some feedback from those who have these ( which I assume is many )

Installed FOX 2.0 w/ Reservoirs all the way around yesterday and I must admit I am kind of let down by my drastic change in ride quality. Its way better and a complete shit show all at the same time. Its slowly growing on me ( or I am getting used to it ) and the faster or more aggressive I go the smoother it is.. My truck feels terrible at slow speeds and literally HOPS or BOUNCES when driving at parking lot speeds over speed bumps or any terrain. If the concrete road has been poured where its out of level front to back - I will start to rhythmically HOP down the road like I am hitting hydraulic switches.. I am so disappointed and almost would rather put my blow out old gas shocks back on. I am hoping they just settle... I cannot adjust the rebound on these with the CD controller but I wish they didn't reset so drastically or depressurize them if that makes sense.

My truck has a 6" lift so I went with the 4-6 option and when fitting them up there was about a 1/2" gap that I had to tighten down to remove ( which I thought was odd... - like the shock itself was too short? ) Maybe this is overextending them - Should I have gone with a 7-9 front assembly? The Rears were also 4-6 and I had to compress them at least 6" for the fit and they feel fine and paired with my bags. All of my Hop is absolutely coming from the front.

Should I add 1/2 spacers between the shock and the hoop to eliminate the initial gap and take stress out of the shock?

Any feedback would be appreciated - Maybe its just that I've always just had really bad suspension set ups in the past but this driving experience has not been what I expected.

·
Registered
2021 Denali HD Fabtech Lift and 37s
224 Posts
I have the same shocks on a 6” lift. I have not had any issues and the truck rides like a dream. With the design of the Fabtech lift I have you don’t relocate the shock bracket so we did the 1-2” lift versions and it’s been great. I’m wondering if like you said the 7-9” would be the better option so it’s not so stretched. Wish I could help more.

Reactions: tmcdrwww

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, that is the response I've only ever heard so I know that it must be something wrong. I am contacting the vendor today and requesting a set of 7-9" and I will return what I received.. I have under 50 miles of light on road usage so I hope they will be understanding. I do hope this fixes the issue, I would hate to give my 4 mo old daughter shaking baby syndrome between grocery runs! haha!

·
Registered
2003 GMC 2500HD 4x4 Banks Super Scoop, Banks Rear Dif Cover, Mechman 320A alternator, S&B fuel tank
36 Posts
Let us know if it helps, I've been considering those.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts