Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not rally life or death but i am in a hurry . . . ok so i got it all apart and the FPR out last night with the "intake horn" still in place but now i really need it off to put it back together so how do you get that piece off with out taking the whole intake cross over deal off like in the 5th picture in this file i found on the search http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/a...308-lly-fprv-replacment-fprv-replacment-4.pdf

·
Registered
148 Posts
Couldn’t open the link but if its the piece I think your talking about, I believe its just a light interference fit off a couple o-rings on a flange. Lightly pull and twist out and should come out. The OD of the intake horn and ID of the cross over are very close, so don’t rock it much from side to side or you could cause damage. I’d replace them o-rings.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thanks i think that we are on the same page and im gonna go try it right now

·
Registered
148 Posts
Your probably in the middle of cussin and pulling, but I remember mine was a bugger to get out. At that age it accumulates quite a bit of debris along that flange and outside o-ring which makes it tight. Just have patience, you’ll get er. :thumb

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
ok got her all done the same day i posted this and it was all good except for one coolant leak but i got that fixed now that ive got 250ish miles on the new regulator i have not a lope at idle like before but a shake like the idle drops too low when i first come to a stop after running the cruise for a while is it possible its just some air or did i get a bad regulator or is there something else

EDIT: this does not need to be in the 911 anymore so if someone with the all mighty mouse click wants to move it that would be great

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok so its not air in the system i broke the bleeder loose and pumped her up and it had no effect on it i hope im just imagining it and its fine

1 - 6 of 6 Posts