Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a 2019 1500 today and I see they are still using the wax material to coat the frame. Is there any advantage to this compared to the electro-coating that Ford and Ram use? My experience has been that everything sticks to it and if you wipe it, it comes off.

·
Registered
132 Posts
No advantage except for GM. Still the worst coating out there, with no good way to address when it gets chipped and starts to rust. Good for GM since everything rusts quicker.
My opinion from my last 4 GM trucks, living in the North East.

·
Registered
34 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Ive always just hit any chipped spots with rubberized under coating from the part store... figure that will seal it up...
Also not a fan of the wax coat... feel like every time i crawl under the truck i come out wearing the stuff...

·
Registered
114 Posts
I love it when you're working underneath your truck and you get that shit all over your arms. Come on GM, it's 2018, ever hear of powder coat?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have the aerosol stuff, used it in a few places. To me it seems like it is the closest match to the factory stuff as you can get. Stay soft to the touch though like factory. My truck never sees Offroad so it will always stay nice but I feel the pain that others do. You so much as look at the shit and it’s all over you. Wasn’t like the stuff used in prior generations that seemed to be more forgiving.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Cool deal. I will have to order me some of the aerosol stuff. Yeah when working under the truck it really sucks. Come out all covered in the crap. I can’t imagine how the service workers feel. Day in and day out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts