Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy of mine is a property manager on a ranch. They have a few hundred gallons of highway diesel that he wants to make go away. Said I could have it for free. Only problem is its gotta be like 2 years old. Any one have any thoughts. Great deal but its not worth it if its gonna screw something up. :cookoo[1]:

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
A buddy of mine is a property manager on a ranch. They have a few hundred gallons of highway diesel that he wants to make go away. Said I could have it for free. Only problem is its gotta be like 2 years old. Any one have any thoughts. Great deal but its not worth it if its gonna screw something up. :cookoo[1]:
Take it and use it for fueling burn piles if you need it, a few hundred gallons for free would be sweet, but yeah smells fishy, if he is afraid to run it in ranch trcks/equipment you should be even more scared to run it in your truck...if you had an only 12v I would say give er hell and see...but not the max bro

·
Registered
595 Posts
Do you have somewhere to store it? Mabey you could just use a few gallons at a time when you fill up so it isn't a straight tank of bad fuel.

Idk if this will work, just a thought

·
Registered
672 Posts
I don't think I'd put it in my truck.

Better used as heating oil or to kill mesquites.

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
If its well filtered and dewatered I don't see much of an issue. Problem with it sitting is the condensation that forms and eventually you'll get a ton of water.

Sent from my Droid using the AutoGuide app while not driving...

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
My gramp got a couple hundred gallons that his friend had in a storage tank when he passed away. He ran it in his LB7 and went thru 3 or 4 fuel filters in a little over a week, and it ran pretty shitty. He quit running it in the duramax and put it thru his skidder. If it's filtered well and no water you should be okay though....

·
I Sell Fireworks!
361 Posts
Only one way to find out, I would take it in a heartbeat and ease in to it. If it seems like your engine is running like crap then just use it as a firestarter.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I would start with a quarter tank or less (mixed with known good fuel) to see if anything goes wrong, plus if you don't have one already, carry a filter with you just in case, if it goes well try a little more and enjoy, plus use some power service.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts