Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search, and didn't come up with anything. Are there any free mods to increase power and MPG? Anything else that is recommended? I have some free time, and not much money. Any help would be great. Thanks all.

'03 Chevy 2500HD D/A 145K miles

Mav

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
I don't know about increasing MPG, but cutting out the muffler and installing a piece of straight pipe lowers EGTs some and is pretty cheap even if you take it to a shop and have them weld it in....or you could replace that stock muffler with a high flow muffler if you prefer. You can also open up the airbox to increase airflow on the stock box. Go to kennedydiesel.com and look under tech tips and airbox mods. That is free and it only takes a little bit of your time to do.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the imput man. Not really what I was thinking, but might be a possible.

It's weird, there are free HP mods for my car, you know the kind......bypass this drill that, cross-connect these. I figured there would be a ton of these on a turbo truck.

Mav

·
Registered
131 Posts
Yeah, but it's like the price of diesel. Remember how cheap diesel fuel was a few years ago and now light truck diesels are considered the "Hot rods of the 21st Century" and the price has risen to be higher than gas. People are going to try and cash in on things that are popular while they can especially the oil companies. Waite awhile and you will eventually see more things for diesels become cheaper or be offered for free.

Just my .02

Brad

·
Registered
6 Posts
a while ago i seen that you can modify your cp3 with a die-grinder but i can remember where it is on here thats another thing you can to but i wouldnt recommend it

·
Registered
170 Posts
Save up. I would set aside 2gs and shop for a 4 or 5 inch straight pipe, efi live, transgo Jr kit, maybe a cheap intake, tie rod sleaves, pyro gauge, and maybe a downpipe

·
Registered
991 Posts
Save up. I would set aside 2gs and shop for a 4 or 5 inch straight pipe, efi live, transgo Jr kit, maybe a cheap intake, tie rod sleaves, pyro gauge, and maybe a downpipe
Wrong, trango jr on a 5 speed wont be good. If u are going into trans on a 5 speed, u might as well build it.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
thread is from '07, great job bringing it back lol

·
Registered
991 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Well now that the necro thread has been summoned- intake horn porting is one mod you can do for free assuming you have the tools already.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts