Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen multiple commercials and ads for 1yr of free XM with any 14 or 15 Sierra. I asked my dealer when I picked it up and they told me and XM promo/deal would be automatic. I called XM multiple time and they told me its 3 months free and they have no clue about the 1 yr promo ( at least the people in India didnt know).

My question:
How do I get the 1yr free like you see on the commercial for Monday Night Football? I figured with all the knowledge here and new trucks being bought someone has to know. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
151 Posts
dont get me stated there
my dad and i both bought 2013 zl1s the same day. The window sticker said one year. I got 3 months and they shut it down my dad still has it and its been over 2 years. Then they wonder why I will never pay for it. Also the gm antennas suck my 24k jetta pulls a better signal then my zl1 or my truck ever have but it may be that its sirrus.

·
Premium Member
26,484 Posts
While it's enjoyable out on the open road for hours on end, the hassles you will encounter on down the road....
with billing,
trying to cancel,
waiting endlessly on Hold (with the tortuous never ending sales ramble loop blaring in your ear),
only to wind up with someone from India speaking something that vaguely resembles English, AND Finally....

Being hung up/disconnected after wasting an hour of your time, before anything is ever resolved. They do this hang-up thing quite well. humpin:

I know of no other Capitalistic entity in the World that charges their customers a fee....for sending them an Invoice Due. <<--That alone is reason enough to say NO!! and plug in the aux input instead.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I had no idea about the free xm for a year, my truck only came with 3 months. It's pretty cool but when it runs out I'm probably going to do what Hook 'em suggested and start using my phone. The bluetooth works pretty well in my truck so I'll just have to set Pandora back up (I switched to Jango a few years ago, but it's hit or miss over bluetooth).

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
There are instructions in the 2015 Sierra manual for making Pandora work with the truck.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Cool, I'll check it out when xm expires.

Just need to resurrect my pandora account now lol.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Mine came with the 3 months free and i let it expire. As mentioned above, they are absolute bastards. I was getting calls from them everyday for months. I still get them a few times a week. I could only imagine dealing with them if i was trying to cancel a paid subscription. If i was out on the road all day, then yeah it'd be nice, but im not.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I wish I could purchase just the online access to their stations and not have to pay for it in the vehicle. I like streaming XM at my desk during the day when at work... I could move to Pandora. But then when I'm in the truck, I'd be paying for extra data usage on the phone, and at the mercy of what ever cell data service available while out and about.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I hate dealing with XM as well. I would of liked the free year of service that was advertised but oh well. If I get any info I'll posted it up for anyone who bought a truck within the last month or so.

Good to know I'm not the only one who hates dealing with them. Anytime I call for CS with any company, I tell the auto system that I want to cancel whatever I'm calling about. I find by doing that you get someone would speaks real English and can actually help you. Thanks guys, let the XM bashing continue...lol.

·
Registered
46 Posts
You need to register on the xm site. I was changing my sub. from my 10' to the 15' & realized it already had the 1yr free. I had to call to cancel my old one & transfer balance to the new one that will pick up after the 1yr free is over, but took maybe 5 minutes total to do. Very nice & friendly guy i talked to.

·
Premium Member
26,484 Posts
....but took maybe 5 minutes total to do. Very nice & friendly guy i talked to.
That would be Bob.
I've talked with him too. He's in the Midwest somewhere.

Very helpful and doesn't' have to type in your statement and wait for the auto-bot response to recite...in something other than English.

He's the only one on Staff.
Good man Bob is. humpin:

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
I had an auto renew set up and I called to cancel. I was given the "call back" option to leave my number. They called me back about an hour later and I cancelled the auto renew.

$3.99 pandora one (no commercials, skip songs, create your own stations)
OR
$12.99 Mostly Music XM (can't skip songs, can't personalize stations, limited to 50+ mostly shitty stations)

Which one should I choose?? hmmmm

·
Registered
566 Posts
While it's enjoyable out on the open road for hours on end, the hassles you will encounter on down the road....
with billing,
trying to cancel,
waiting endlessly on Hold (with the tortuous never ending sales ramble loop blaring in your ear),
only to wind up with someone from India speaking something that vaguely resembles English, AND Finally....

Being hung up/disconnected after wasting an hour of your time, before anything is ever resolved. They do this hang-up thing quite well. humpin:

I know of no other Capitalistic entity in the World that charges their customers a fee....for sending them an Invoice Due. <<--That alone is reason enough to say NO!! and plug in the aux input instead.
Just reading this started @#!*% me off because it is too true! haha

·
Registered
116 Posts
They make my blood boil. The parent company that owns them bought it to write off the losses in taxes somehow. I don't remember the details but there is an article in Forbes or Reuters or one of those kind of publications. They don't give a crap if they make money or not. Doesn't bode well for the customer.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
76 Posts
I tried to get the 1 year today from XM, but they said that is a dealer incentive not through XM. Looked at the window sticker from my truck and it says 3 months, so I guess it is expired...

I do like XM. I have it in my daily driver and I only listen to XM now. No worries about going over data on my phone and good stations to chose from. They will send you promos. I ran the first year renewing $25 for 6 months promos, then to a $77 per year promo, then last year it was $89. Not bad - just have to ask them for their best price. Weather and traffic is more, so not going there, but Weather with the Nav is great. We just had a couple weeks free service and it was pretty cool.

On another subject, had anyone seen they are getting charged a hefty fee for Onstar after their first 6 months? My last GM had 1 year free, I now see that is 6 months... I called and they wanted $299 per year. Said I didn't need Turn by Turn and that went down to $199. I asked if they had any deals, they sent me to customer relations and got it for $9.99 per month. I guess all you have to do is ask... Has anyone else experienced this?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts