Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, and great site! Just thought I would introduce my self, and stay for a while. I started my truck life with a 91 454SS, then a lifted 97 Z71, and now I want a Duramax! I am close to getting an 05 Crew w/ 28k, this week....I hope. I know it's not much to go on, but could use some guidence, as I know nothing about diesels. Is there a FAQ for buying 2003 and up rigs?

Brian

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
Welcome to the site,take a few min.s and browse around,there is some real good info if you have any ?'s feel free to ask..

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks, I think I have already found the answers I was looking for. I have always been a speed freak, so diesels never entered my mind until now. The trucks look awsome, they are fast, and I can still pick up a ton of drywall!

I am going to try my best, not to modify this truck. So what aftermarket stuff is recommended to ensure LONGIVITY only? Just stuff GM should have done.....like the EGT guage I have read about?? It will be a daily driver, and road tripper pulling 1 Seadoo, maybe a 25' boat years down the road.

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
Congrats on the new truck! As for longgivity mods i would do a 4" full exhaust, egr blocker plate, finger stick(egr code blocker), and a intake if you really want one! you could do a predator programer instead of the finger stick if you wanted to add a few hp and get a bit more mpg, as the predator has egr code disable functions in it!!!

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
congrats on the truck..i'm with 05_LLY on the mods..

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds good.

I would like the programmer and guage all in one. Is the Edge Juice the only one that does that you guys would use?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts