Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
would it hurt to go from synthetic back to regular oil

·
Registered
712 Posts
No. I have switched back and forth for years, with many types of trucks. I typically use synthetic in the winter.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
previous owner used mobil 1 syn 5w40 but i use reg 15w40 rotella in my equipment with lucas and would like to use the same oil in the truck,thanks

·
Registered
582 Posts
previous owner used mobil 1 syn 5w40 but i use reg 15w40 rotella in my equipment with lucas and would like to use the same oil in the truck,thanks
Nothing wrong with going back to conventional, Rotella is an excellent oil.

·
The Good Son!
1,966 Posts
As much as I hate walmart/sams, I am heading to sam's club in a little while to buy some rotella. They had the 2 2.5 gallon jugs for 50 bucks. $10/gallon. :rockin

If I ever removed my emissions crap I'll go back to synthetic.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i have used lucas in every vehicle i have owned,and also all my equipment,even my toys and (knock on wood) and have never had an engine issue and i usually drive them 200k miles

·
VAGITARIAN :)
7,336 Posts
i have used lucas in every vehicle i have owned,and also all my equipment,even my toys and (knock on wood) and have never had an engine issue and i usually drive them 200k miles
You should search for the Lucas write up someone did here,it is in the threads if ya search,bet you won't use it too much longer.........IMHO there is a lot better products out there....

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
As much as I hate walmart/sams, I am heading to sam's club in a little while to buy some rotella. They had the 2 2.5 gallon jugs for 50 bucks. $10/gallon. :rockin

If I ever removed my emissions crap I'll go back to synthetic.
You should check Tractor Supply then, I usually find it for the same price if not a few cants cheaper:cool:

Also a plus is I do not have to deal with WelfareMart :rockin

·
Registered
419 Posts
keep the mobil 1

·
The Good Son!
1,966 Posts
You should check Tractor Supply then, I usually find it for the same price if not a few cants cheaper:cool:

Also a plus is I do not have to deal with WelfareMart :rockin
I always forget about tractor supply and I am tax exempt (Farm use) and save another 8%.

·
Premium Member
3,296 Posts
The answer to your question is yes you may switch anytime you want with no ill effects. Syns and Dino are compatible.

·
Registered
4 Posts
my 06 LBZ was broken in on dino Esso/Exxon XD3 Extra 15W-40
been using Petro Canada's Duron synthetic SAE 5W-40 API CI-4 Plus in winter $30/USgal
get it at our GM dealer where I get AC Delco oil, fuel & ally Filters
going Duron-E XL synthetic blend SAE 15W-40 API CJ-4 for the summer ($38/gal)
change the FS2500 Bypass filter for $50
dump the oil at 5000 miles and throw in a quart of BG DOC pn11232 $25
OK I gotta admit I'm spending a bit but she's not quite stock and when I load her up to 9300 lbs pulling a 10,000 lb trailer she's a working girl!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts