Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Building a rear and front bumper for my truck...also building a rear for my buddy at the same time. Heres a few pics i guess. Let me know what ya think!

That was all done in half a day or so, also got all the pieces cut out for my rear bumper and a few for my front. My rear will be a bit different on the ends. I have a lot more pictures if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Looks badass! I cant wait to get my hands on my own welder to start fabbing some of my own!!
Whered you get the template?

And hell yea post more pics!

·
maketodaythebestofurlife
363 Posts

·
Registered
4,211 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks badass! I cant wait to get my hands on my own welder to start fabbing some of my own!!
Whered you get the template?

And hell yea post more pics!
Just winging it man, lol. Found a picture of a front and back we liked and went from there. And thanks!

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
moar pics!

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Looks good so far....I've been thinking some steps notched in one would be nice.....I'm getting old and my feet don't go as high as they used to.....

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
182 Posts
Liking where this one is going. The Road Armor and those other brands are all way over done and look stupid to me.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Sub'd. Looks good I should think about building mine. Save some $$$$

·
Registered
993 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wont let me upload pics from my phone :( thanks guys!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)

All welded up and started to grind her down. After 17 hours working on her today decided i had enough. Hopefully i can get her done and painted tomorrow.

I have a ton more pics ill post tomorrow after noon.

And for anyone wanted to do this, its not too difficult, but it is exhausting.

I will be adding D rings and fogs one of theses days. But after this is done, ive had enough until summer, lol.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm the "buddy" lol and their are lots of pics... we will post them soon. Almost done! Talk about all nighters... but we didn't cut any corners, the craftsmanship is good for what we have. ( Torch, grinder, and a welder) pics soon

·
Registered
634 Posts
Very nice work so far. Cant wait to see finished product. This is something I want to do when I have more time and different daily driver.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)

Thats them so far. The gap between the flare and the bumper is because its not bolted on, i hope, lol. Though its not too bad.

The rear end caps could use some work though i think. I might round them over in the future. It can wait till i do the D rings on the front and rear though, also going to add fogs to the front.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Very happy with the front, I cant wait to get the D rings on there when it gets a bit warmer...

Ill be finishing up the rear tomorrow, need to figure out what im doing with the spare tire let down thingy...

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
63 Posts
Would like to see more pics please!!:neener

1 - 20 of 21 Posts