Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help, I.m looking for new directions. I had a pulsating in the braking of my truck, so assumed to be rotors. I have completed the following, new rotors, calipers, brake pads, new right axle and new hub. Problem still exists. I installed a Cognito leveling kit, pitman and idler arm supports, heavy tie rods etc. a few years back with and cranked torsion bars. no issues then and over the past few years have replaced both front axles during the past year, truck has 300,000k's.
So I can jack up the truck, rotate both tires, drivers side rotate freely, passenger side has a tight spot, seems like a flat spot or a warped rotor but the rotor has been checked and the hub that was replaced is good but put new one on just to verify. I was thinking maybe the torsion bars are cranked to far and creating to much of an angle on the cv joints, but both sides are equal in height and angle and haven't had this issue in the past. I'm wondering at this point is there anything in the right side axle tube (where the 4x actuator is) that could be the cause, if so how do you check. I'm open to any suggestions or ideas. I will post the solution once I find it.
Thanks.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Takke your tire off and pull your caliper off. Then put your wheel back on and try spinning your tire to see if the problem is still there. Could be your caliper isn't retracting all the way or your rotor is slightly warped causing a drag.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Already tried that, but note the and caliper are only weeks old, rotor checked and caliper is good. Thanks o

1 - 3 of 3 Posts