Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the backing plate/brake dust shield for the front the same as the rear? I want to replace mine when I do the hub assembly but can't seem to find one that says front, they all say rear.

2006 2500HD 4x4

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
230 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im pretty sure they're different.. Heres one I found on amazon:

They're also on rockauto.com and they specify front or rear, not the same part #s
Thanks. I wonder why they don't have them at AAP, AZ, or O'Reilly

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I figured but wanted to check... it still baffles me that everyone carries the rear but not the front plates.

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Thanks. I figured but wanted to check... it still baffles me that everyone carries the rear but not the front plates.

That's how I know they're different. I bought some from Napa. I asked for the front and they gave me rears. They're kind of spendy for what they are. You might consider refreshing yours with some high temp silver paint. That's what I'm thinking of doing.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not a whole lot left of this guy haha

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
LMAO! Yeah, we don't get that down here.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lol. Rust belt PA & Ohio sucks for this sort of stuff. The back ones had rusted through and I got rid of the e brake as a result... just ordered 2 new plates for the front and a new o ring since timken didn't include one. Went ahead and ordered new sway bar endnlinks and new rear shocks while I'm at it too. I'm about fired of the amount of money I have dumped into this thing over the past couple months!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts