Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking to replace my front chrome bumper and grill trim with a black one to match my black truck. Cant seem to find one ready for paint online. Anyone replaced these? I know you can paint over the chrome but no body shop around me wants to do it, and I dont trust myself to make it look good.

·
Premium Member
490 Posts
I think the Chrome bumper just needs to be blasted and you can prime and painted. My buddy did his SLT sierra and it came out good. The local powdercoat shop did it. He had around $800 in it all said and done.

Just noticed you have a Chevy. You should be able to buy a painted or primed front end straight from GM, Since they offered it on some of the later LMLs. I think it was called the appearance package. If you get the vin# of one of those trucks you should be able to get the part number of that bumper and grille. If you did that you could also get pretty good money out of your bumper and grille, because the LMM guys like buying them for their trucks.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Plastidip or Wrap!!

·
Super Genius
1,303 Posts
After an incident with a stray Cobalt, I bought a black grill and a " I dare you mofo " bumper with the insurance check. :neener

Attachments

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
looking to replace my front chrome bumper and grill trim with a black one to match my black truck. Cant seem to find one ready for paint online. Anyone replaced these? I know you can paint over the chrome but no body shop around me wants to do it, and I dont trust myself to make it look good.
22765737 primered bumper for LML
22765739 paint to match bumper cap for LML
22842235 grille for LML, black

1 - 5 of 5 Posts