Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
there is a sqealing noise in the front end it seems to be on the driver side. it only does it when on the gas then stops when you let up even if you just touch the gas it does it. it started doing it every now and then maybe once a week and is now doing it every day and is very annoying. cant even here the turbo anymore... lol any advice

·
Premium Member
8,815 Posts
hmm have you checked your wheel hub? Jack the front up off the ground and try to rock the tire at 12 and 6 oclock. Could be worn brakes, but I am guessing wheel hub as you have a lift and bigger tires.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well the tire moves quite a bit but i do have to replace all the ball joints and tie rods and pitman idler arm... would those being shot cause that noise?

·
Premium Member
8,815 Posts
well the tire moves quite a bit but i do have to replace all the ball joints and tie rods and pitman idler arm... would those being shot cause that noise?
if the tire moves easily when you jack the front up...99.9% its the hub.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.