Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a ’06 GMC and was looking at putting a Ranch Hand or Ranch Hand Similar front end replacement on it. My question is will a FER that is labeled as a Chevy model fit on my GMC, they should both have the same frame and mounting points right?

The reason is I found a guy who will sell me one cheap but he said it’s labeled for a Chevy and doesn’t know to much about these kind of things, that’s why I’m getting it for cheap.

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
It won't be a very good fit. The Chevy and GMC have different bumpers, and grilles so the lines won't match up. It will probably bolt up, yes. But it'll look like crap and there will be big gaps where the differences in the front ends are, and it could potentially hit some parts of the grille. I wouldn't mess with it unless its for your specific truck.

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
Here's a couple random pics to compare...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I see, thanks for the info. Well any recommendations on were to get a decently priced Ranch Hand/Ranch Hand look-a-like?

·
Registered
537 Posts
whats the scoop on the bumper you found for cheap? Ive been keeping an eye out for one.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
06dmaxdually, I’d tell ya but it’s kinda of a friend of a friend who knows a guy kinda thing so I really can’t say. Sorry man but if you have any websites or people on your end who have some reasonable deals let me know.
Thanks

·
Registered
537 Posts
if i knew where to get good deals I wouldnt be asking you! :neener

·
Registered
380 Posts
Call Texan Tinters in Conroe and tell him Casey Roberts gave you his number. He will get you the best price! 936-494-2888

·
Registered
537 Posts
Call Texan Tinters in Conroe and tell him Casey Roberts gave you his number. He will get you the best price! 936-494-2888
awesome, thanks! when the time comes i'll for sure call them.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Take a look at Tough Country from El Campo....let me know if you like any of the styles ill get you the best price bud

·
Registered
144 Posts
Here is what they look like

·
Registered
537 Posts
I actually like tough country better...mostly because they arnt as used as ranch hand. what would be the price of a front replacement for my truck? Do you get alot of "scratched and dented" ones? Id prefer to buy one thats already got some flaws in it, cus im going to add to it.:D

also, one a price on one of the dually full replacement rears please!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts