Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay thinking of drag racing my truck Friday this is the first time I will have gone to the strip in anything. Any pointers would be great. Still unsure of racing but my question is will I be okay with sleeves and a centerlink brace?

This is the brace: Steering Stabilizer Bracket [2001-2010 w/No Lift] - $150.00 : All Season Diesel Performance, Your Duramax diesel performance headquarters by Tony Burkhard owner of the Dirty Hooker

I just want to know if I launch in 4whd how likely would it be for me to break something?

Thanks, Dylan

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
Thats all you need. And you also want your cv axles to be as close to level as possible. So if you have jacked up the torsion bars then let them back down for the track.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks man. I was going to back them out as far as I could, I have robs 150 tune, I was going to turn overdrive off is this a good idea? should I have tow haul on as well?

Thanks, Dylan

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
we sell tierod sleeves and pitman and idler arm braces that i could have to you by friday bud.

Well i already have the sleeves, but could you PM me the price on the braces? Also do you guys have an EFI live sticker? I only got the atp one and was wondering if you had any others. I am repping it on my back glass.

Dylan

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
Thanks man. I was going to back them out as far as I could, I have robs 150 tune, I was going to turn overdrive off is this a good idea? should I have tow haul on as well?

Thanks, Dylan
yeah lock out 5th and hammer down.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So back to my front end, which would be more beneficial in 4wd launching or sled pulling the center link brace or the pitman idler arm braces. I will eventually have both but cannot afford both right now, which should I buy first?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts