Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So me and jdlbz decided to go to the track and fuck both of our trucks up.

First pass I guess I was boosted way to high Front wheels broke loose hooked and it sound'd like the front end of the truck came out. Ease off the track and look everything over looks good no real issues 4wd has some noise and some vibrations, and It wont lock into 4wd the light comes on but no go.
So where do I start?
O and if your going to tell me that i'm stupid for launching a 8300 pounds truck with 37's and no front end mods, I know I know but shit happens build it break it and build it better I guess.

·
Registered
54 Posts
prob poped the chain off in the t case or broke it and man i would not be doing that anymore if i where you

·
VAGITARIAN :)
7,336 Posts
prob poped the chain off in the t case or broke it and man i would not be doing that anymore if i where you
I doubt that man.....His 4x4 won't engage, if his truck goes in 2wd the chain is intact....I'd say check pitman arm,tire rods/ends are brobably bent,check the shafts on the front end?

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I was boosted way to high. It feels like it's engaged but it's not. Also the rear in this thing sucks single tire fryer. Right side of the truck is covered in rubber.

·
7,336 Posts
Yeah I was boosted way to high. It feels like it's engaged but it's not. Also the rear in this thing sucks single tire fryer. Right side of the truck is covered in rubber.
Is the locker stuck or something?why is it doing that?

·
7,336 Posts
Oh lol,I thought you meant it got ''peg legged'' after the track incident.:drink

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nah the 4wd on these trucks deffintaly lack my 07 dodge 1500 would actually lock in 4wd not this two to three tire crap.

·
Registered
54 Posts
well if its engaging then check the front diff prob sheared some of the teeth off the gear how many psi where you runnign ?"

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No idea I dont have any guages I just tried to lauch as hard as I could with out blowing through the brakes.

·
Registered
54 Posts
well buddy then my guess is youve sheared the gears in your front diff, you got any tranny mods ? cause im guessing your north of 400 hp

·
Registered
54 Posts
id be getting a tranny or a shift kit atleast bc i fried my allison runnign a ppe hot +2 on level 8 but i also towed alot and turned it down for that to like level 1 but you can still toast em pretty easy it wont hold 70 mph unles its pushin 4500 rpms

·
Registered
54 Posts
i ran that set up for 20k with a full banks kit minus the 6 gun

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah its startin so shudder a little bit with the big tune. It's back on economy now and I'm not running it any more until I build it and wakeboarding season is almost here so I will be towing every weekend.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Does it make a grinding noise whenever you try to go with the 4x4 light on? Does it make a clunk noise at the rear of the transfer case?

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
No noise at all.
My last pass I just smoked the rear tires off and went no where. I put it in 4wd and drove around my house and its not making any noise.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts