Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Cognito leveling kit on my truck and Im getting an uneven stance in the front when both torsion keys are cranked the same amount. my Driver side is 7/8 inch lower than the passenger side. Even with the driver side fully cranked and the passenger side 6-7 turns from fully cranked its still 1/8 higher on the passenger side. It seems to me that the passenger side is adjusting to levels properly and the driver side key is soft and less responsive to key being adjusted. They are oem equipment. Any suggestions? Also, when I lift the front end of the ground everything is even(bump stops the lower control arm distance)

·
Ask one to be one
5,660 Posts
Sounds like your t-bar is a little weak on that side. Have you been letting fat chicks drive your truck LOL.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Someone had posted an issue like this before and someone had said the it may have a little to do with the fuel tank since it is on the drivers side. I had the same issue with my '04 but it was I was able to get it pretty well leveled out with the tortion bars being cranked different.

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
ya just crank some more on the drivers and less on the passengers side. the T bars get more worn out on the drives side due to full tanks and someones always in the drivers seat, not always in the passenger.

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
Drive around block, re check to see if it setteled.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kinda what I figured with the extra weight. The passenger side is perfectly where I want it but the driver side is fully cranked and slightly lower than what looks level to me. I was thinking about getting lift keys so I can crank the driver side a little more. Or how much will a new drivers side t bar run me. P.S.- No Fat chicks here! That was awesome.Completely relevant question. The guy I bought it from however was probably around 290 and he had it since new.

·
Registered
24 Posts
level the truck with a full tank in it. remember 34 gallons x 7 lbs per gallon = 238 lbs plus you in the drivers seat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.