Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am back on the hunt for a front mount hitch receiver. I posted a thread last year and have searched high and low on the forum and web.. I am looking for a front mount hitch receiver for a 2007 2500HD Classic SLT that once installed is not the lowest point on the front of the truck. I want to find one that sticks through the black plastic area of the lower fascia. Not the type that sticks out below everything else. I know I will have to trim a hole for this, but that's okay. Can anyone point me to a hitch that installs this way on my truck?

Also any please post pics of whatever route you suggest if you have a front hitch on your classic model rig.

Thanks !

Here is a picture of what I am looking for....

· Registered
2,733 Posts
could you build one? Or call up a company that does fab work and see if they could build you one.

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I may have to do that, because all I can find are guys who are looking for the same thing as I am and no products that work that way.

I am considering getting one from Curt and modifying it. I have a friend who does a lot of welding and has access to get the material pretty easy. That way, the mounting geometry is all worked out for how it bolts on. I will just modify how the receiver is attached and at what height it protrudes out toward the front of the vehicle.

But, if someone has found a product that works the way I am looking for please post it.

It looks like, Warn, Curt, Hidden Hitch and Draw Tite all come out at the very bottom of the truck and not out in middle area where a hole would have to be cut. Bummer.:confused:

· Registered
450 Posts
Not sure where to find one, but that is EXACTLY the setup I would have, /thought about. Seems like a perfect place to put it. Good luck, keep us posted, pics, etc.

Bump for you anyway...:)

· Registered
12 Posts
I have a Putnam and it is exactly as you describe. They are no longer made though. Mine is off the truck right now. I have tranny cooler line problems and every time I took it in for warranty work they wanted to charge me extra to take it off and put it back on. I might even consider selling it. It was on the truck for about 6 mo. You could copy it too if you want. I haven't put it back on because I keep telling myself that I'm going to fab up a custom steel bumper w/ a built-in receiver tube. I might have pics of it in my garage on another site.

· Registered
253 Posts
Just curious. What do you guys use them for?

My truck has one just as you described. It was on it when I bought it. It isn't marked with manufacturer info or anything.

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Kingston, I sent you a PM, I would like the hitch.

acz, I am going to use it for an aluminum rod rack for surf fishing rods. I know the other brands will work fine, but I want the receiver to be a little higher. I may also use it for backing in my camper.

· Registered
11 Posts
Front Winche Mount

I welded one up for my '01 to use a 12,000 # winch. Cabelas had a front mount in their truck accessory book last time I was looking thru it, looked to mount up high like you were wanting---around $125.00.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.