Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive tried searching and have had no luck. I recently purchased (within past 2 weeks) a 2007 GMC 2500HD SLT with full power/heated leather bucket seats. Since day 1, when I would hit a bump, the back of the passenger seat would shake front to back and rattle. It has roughly 1-2 inches of motion, measured from the top of the seat. Obviously only when no one is sitting in it. It didn't bother me at first, but now its really getting on my nerves and I'd love to find some kind of solution to it. I have tried leaving it at different angles and it doesn't seem to affect it.

Thanks in advance for the help!

·
Registered
441 Posts
I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM! Anyone have a solution??

·
Registered
277 Posts
Hope somebody has a solution! Mine does it too!

·
Registered
308 Posts
my 05 does this also, pretty annoying

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Subscribing

·
Registered
7,665 Posts
Same problem here. I lowered the air pressure in the rear tires to 45/50lbs and it has not did it since. When i first got the truck from the dealer i thought the seat was broke.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hmm good to see its not just me having this issue... but no one has tried to take it apart and see if theres a simple fix? :/

·
Registered
85 Posts
Mine has been doing it for a while now. I pulled it in the shop at work last week to figure it out. No bolts really to tighten. The only thing we could see is that there is play in the actuator for the power seat.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Subscribed

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mine has been doing it for a while now. I pulled it in the shop at work last week to figure it out. No bolts really to tighten. The only thing we could see is that there is play in the actuator for the power seat.
I noticed that the actuator had play as well, I didn't have time to remove the actuator to find out what Is causing the play

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
heres the problem....high dollar truck with cheap ass interior parts GM not near as bad as dodge use to be but they are falling behind for sure in some areas

1 - 16 of 16 Posts