Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i pulled some codes this morning for my tranny light being on and when i did i got three other ones regarding my right front wheel. if anyone has any insight on what they may mean or how i can go about fixing the problem please let me know. thanks!

B0055- vehicle speed sensor circuit HISTORY

B0040-right front wheel speed sensor circuit

P0380- glow plug heater circuit

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
As for the B0040, if you've already tested to make sure your wheel bearing/hub is in good working condition, measure the resistance of the LF WSS where it connects to the chassis harness by the upper shock mount. GM spec is 700-10,000 ohms. If its open or shorted replace it. If it tests ok pull off the rotor and look at your hub you probobly have some rust built up under the mounting surface of the sensor causing the sensor to pull away from the reluctor wheel which will give a weak signal. In that case replace the sensor and sand the hub until all the rust is gone, be carefull not to get anything in side the hub

as for the p0380 it usually indicates 1 or more bad glow plugs, g/p controller, or the 175 amp fuse. check the glowplugs first. take the rail off of them and get a test light, hook it to the pos side of the battery and touch the tip of each glowplug. if it lights up the glowplug is bad.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Does your abs seem to be activating when you come to a stop? Mine does. I have c0055 and c0035 history. Sometimes my abs light kicks off for a minute. Still have to check out the recommendations yet.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no the ABS docent kick in just coming to a normal stop and the ABS light has never came on either. but a buddy of mine is a diesel tech at ford and is helping me take off the rotors tonight so he can shave them tomorrow and I'm gonna show him the earlier post from NVRPLZD and have him to check it out so ill get back to y'all on what he finds.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts