Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
FS 2001 GMC 2500 Duramax $8,000

I'm selling my truck, it blew a headgasket and I don't have the time or money to fix it. I just bought this truck in October, here is the link to the for sale ad:

http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/vehicles-sale/34133-2001-gmc-ecsb-d-max.html

It is exactly the same as in the ad, minus the shocker sticker, and now the truck has 180k miles with a fresh oil change and fuel filter.

The truck has a lot of recent maintenance done including new injectors, CP3, alternator, brakes, serpentine belt, front shocks. Besides the blown headgasket the truck is in great shape.

I first saw symptoms of the blown headgasket in November, and I have only been driving the truck once a week since then just to keep the fluids circulating. It still runs and drives good, the oil is still clean (not milky) and it doesn't leak coolant externally. The truck has a slight power steering leak.

The price is $8500 OBO. My number is 845 544 4484 and my name is Jeff. I live in Pawling, NY 12564. Thanks.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh and the truck has a PPE boost valve.

·
Registered
254 Posts
how do you know it has a blown head gasket...?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There's a lot of pressure in the cooling system, when I open the overflow cap the coolant comes spewing out. There are no external leaks, I had the cooling system pressure tested and there are no leaks, it held the pressure. I checked the thermostats and they both work, but I'm still losing a little bit of coolant. I had the injector cups checked and resealed and it didnt fix it.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
How old is the transmission build? Seems like a fair deal IMHO..

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
According to the previous owner the transmission was built last spring, I don't have a receipt but I could probably get one if someone wanted. The transmission build alone is worth almost half of what I'm asking, so yeah I think it's a fair price. Also the truck has a clean carfax, I'm the third owner.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bump price drop!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
New price $8000 I gotta get rid of this!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Any interest in swapping trannys plus $$ ?

Where are you located?

Any pictures?
Hmm I'll have to think about it...

I'm in ny, I can get pics up when I get home tomorrow.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm from dutchess county, way down an hour north of NYC, so that's a pretty far drive

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
If you still have the truck around May time my buddy will pick it up since we will be in the area. If not, good luck with the sale.

·
Stock again...
2,191 Posts
I am also VERY interested in the trans. But then again I dont know if it would be the same on an lb7 as it is an lly. Hell, if I could find some spare cash to throw around I would def buy the truck.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I think I might just keep the tranny...and the truck. for now at least. I'm gonna lose way too much money trying to sell it so I think I'm gonna keep it and get it fixed.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.