Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greddy BOV and everything needed to make it work off of drive pressure-$200 shipped to your door

How it work: Uses drive pressure (since there is always more drive pressure than boost while on the throttle) to hold the valve shut while your hauling ass. As soon as you let off the throttle, drive pressure drops instantly and boost blows the valve open letting the excess air out. touch the throttle and drive pressure closes the valve again. I know there is a few guys running BOV this way and its working for them. Alot of them had to adjust the spring or even take it out of the blow off valve to get it to work right.

The flange that the BOV connects to is already on a IC pipe for a eclipse or some shit (guy i bought it from had a ricer) and the pipe is 2'', the same size as the inlet of the y bridge. what i ws gonna do so that i dont have to cut a hole in my IC pipe was cut the IC pipe with the flange on it so that it would fit between the IC pipe and the y bridge. you could do it that way or weld it in place.

·
Registered
155 Posts
i want to see and hear when it is all done, i was wondering if it was possible to put one on keep me posted please

·
Registered
155 Posts
oh my bad i miss read

·
Registered
568 Posts
How hard is it to install and how well did it work i have been looker for less expensive valve.

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i've never had one on my truck. i know there is several guys running a setup just like this and its working for them.
the install is easy. all you really have to do is attach the BOV to your IC pipe and drill and tap your manifold for the drive pressure line.

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
Can't see the pics....which one is this?

·
Registered
568 Posts
You know of any the guys on here so i can talk to them about it?

·
Registered
568 Posts
Where would i need the drive pressure line on the exhaust manifold?

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
Same place as a EGT probe

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You know of any the guys on here so i can talk to them about it?
chevyburnout1 over on duramaxdiesels told me about it. he's runnin one the same way and said it works perfect.
Where would i need the drive pressure line on the exhaust manifold?
same place you would put an egt probe. at the back of the manifold behind all the exhaust ports

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
only thing id be concerned about is the hot air going into the top of the bov may cause a diaphragm issue
the copper line is supposed to be enough to lower the heat, plus you can wrap the copper around the AC line a few times to cool off the air more.

one thing i dont have for it is some sort of filter to go between the plastic and copper line (not sure if one is really needed). i know the other guys tried a inline fuel filter, but that clogs up over time so they arent using a filter

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
150 to your door.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I'm really confused has this been tested???? When I bought my BD I searched the world to see if something cheaper would work

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm really confused has this been tested???? When I bought my BD I searched the world to see if something cheaper would work
Tested by me personally? No. But I know several guys running a setup almost exactly like this one and it's working fine for them. That's why I bought all the stuff. The only reason I'm selling it is because I want a legit intake. Not this hacked up plastic piece of shit.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 20 of 45 Posts