Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:helpI've been getting what I think is an abnormal amount of white smoke at idle lately. I think it might be associated with the Amsoil Fuel additive I've been using.

Has anyone had a similar experience?

I have no power problems, I've marked the coolant level and it isn't anti-freeze. Runs fine I think... idles at about 750rpm. 150,000 miles on origional injectors. 2003 LB7

Thanks everyone.

·
Administrator
8,818 Posts
my guess is you have at least one bad injector. I have used amsoil fuel additive and had no issues. Just like when I use stanadyne.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I add the reccomended amout at each fill.

I'm hoping it isn't an injector, Hmmmm... at the mileage on the engine 150M do you think it best to change all injectors if it is a bad injector?

·
Administrator
8,818 Posts
yes I would or if the bad ones are only on one side, change those 4. You are lucky to get that many miles out of injectors.

·
Vendor
10,956 Posts
Typically the fuel concentrate helps clean up white smoke, not create it. I agree with OB1, here I think you have an injector going bad. How long have you been using fuel concentrate? If it has been a short while, try a whole bottle on your next fillup to see if that maybe helps clean up whatever you have going on. If you have been using it a while then I would check your balance rates and see what that says.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone...

Yep, since it is an LB7 and still has the origional injectors I might as well bite the bullet.

Been using Amsoil concentrate for a year.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts