Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With summer here I am switching over to Opti-Lube Summer+ and have a question. The ammount that you use is pretty small, 1oz per 10 gallons that I wind up having to measure just a couple ounces.
Getting the summer yard stuff out I came across last years almost empty bottle of Sta-bil. It is a 2 part bottle that you squeeze the liquid into a narrow part to pour out. Real easy to measure small amounts. I cleaned the bottle up with gasoline but there is still some dried up staining in the corners. I think it is just stain. The question is, does anyone think that the tiny bit of sta-bil that could possibly get into the opti-lube cause any problems? Sta-bil is made for gasoline so I don't see it as a problem. Just looking for opinions and advice. Thanks.

·
Registered
57 Posts
No reason to risk it, I would just get a new bottle and be done with it. No need to risk major problems if you dont have to. MO

·
Registered
16,268 Posts
^x2

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.