Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to start using a fule addidive in my 07 GMC Duramax diesel. Heard Amsoil Diesel Fuel Additive Concentrate was good. They recommend 4 Oz. per every 5 gallons of fuel and to use each time you gas up. Any advise on this product or others you would reccomend. First time diesel truck owner. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,595 Posts

·
The Good Son!
1,966 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!!!

Mr manners can help if you are interested in Amsoil and I'm suprised he hasn't made it here yet.

I have been using Opti-Lube XPD the only difference between Summer Blend and XPD is XPD has centane boost in it and price. XPD is a little more expensive.

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
I just use 2-cycle oil. Search the threads on here you will find a ton of info on additives

·
Registered
4,147 Posts

·
Vendor
10,964 Posts
Want to start using a fule addidive in my 07 GMC Duramax diesel. Heard Amsoil Diesel Fuel Additive Concentrate was good. They recommend 4 Oz. per every 5 gallons of fuel and to use each time you gas up. Any advise on this product or others you would reccomend. First time diesel truck owner. Thanks!
There are a lot of good fuel additives out there. Bottom line up front is stay away from any of them with alcohol, as this will dry things out. I have been using AMSOIL Fuel Concentrate and Cetane Booster since I bought the truck last spring.

With clean injectors your fuel Economy will improve and your horsepower restored. The fuel concentrate will help add lubrication to ULSD fuel. It also acts as a fuel stabilizer by improving oxidation and thermal stability of fuel.

Minimum standards for cetane in diesel fuel is around 40, depending on the company you get your fuel from. Cetane Booster is an ashless, alcohol free product which can increase your cetane levels by up to 7 points. With this and the fuel concentrate, I have noticed a quicker starting, smoother running truck. You can treat about 80 gals of fuel with each bottle based on the recommended levels of use you described above.

If I can get you some more information or a quote to try some of these products, just let me know.

Take care,

·
Vendor
10,964 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!!!

Mr manners can help if you are interested in Amsoil and I'm suprised he hasn't made it here yet.

I have been using Opti-Lube XPD the only difference between Summer Blend and XPD is XPD has centane boost in it and price. XPD is a little more expensive.
Thanks Brian. I was enjoying the nice day in our pool. :drink

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Welcome to the DF!! I have been using the AMSOIL Diesel Fuel Concentrate in mine every tank for the last year. It appears to be working quite well.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts

·
Vendor
966 Posts
my .02 I use AMSOIL Fuel Concentrate and Cetane Booster every time I fuel up. I feel like my truck runs smoother and noticed that when I press my the pedal she goes. No load up or hesitation which I think is from clean injectors. To make it easy on me I buy it by half case at a time so that way I always have some. Half booster and concentrate equals one case hope this helps.

·
The Good Son!
1,966 Posts
Thanks Brian. I was enjoying the nice day in our pool. :drink
Must be nice to be sitting by/in the pool all day!!!!!

I was out in the Texas Heat cutting the grass, pool side would have been a better way to spend my day.

·
Vendor
10,964 Posts
Must be nice to be sitting by/in the pool all day!!!!!

I was out in the Texas Heat cutting the grass, pool side would have been a better way to spend my day.
It was nice to jump in after washing vehicles in the heat. Course with as hot as it has been it was like bath water...

·
Registered
226 Posts
It was nice to jump in after washing vehicles in the heat. Course with as hot as it has been it was like bath water...
Does your additive help in cold weather? Fuel gelling, starting etc.

·
Vendor
10,964 Posts
Does your additive help in cold weather? Fuel gelling, starting etc.
Sorry got way off topic. Actually AMSOIL offers a winter winter formula as well that helps with gelling in the winter. Actually going to get more help with starting from the cetane booster but the combination is going to do it all for you.

Take care,

1 - 15 of 15 Posts