Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to reset the computer on a 2006 2500 GMC HD for the fuel average setting? My computer is set at 16.4km/100 Liters and does not seem to change whether I am in city or highway driving. I know this does not seem like a bad thing but I know it is not correct. I haven't done a mathmatical calculation as of yet but I would like to know if this is reading right just for on the fly calculations.
Thanks
Wayne

·
Registered
79 Posts
You can, I have done it, but I can't remember how. Check the manual? Maybe the same buttons to reset the personal trip computer? I will play with it next time I drive the truck.
Good luck.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Smoke. It's what's cookin
2,934 Posts
Yeah what Tow Master said. That thing is not always correct. I go by while I'm driving but not to get an actual numbers. I try to do the miles and the gallons.

·
Registered
57 Posts
yea you can reset it, you hold down the arrow button on your steering wheel when your under the average fuel option, the button is the bottom right hand side of the steering wheel, it has a bent arrow, just hold it down, you can also reset fuel used!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Awesome... It worked. Can't thank you enough. When I bought truck they didn't put the manual in the truck so I was kind of clueless... Appreciate everyones help! This site is the best!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts