Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can get a fuel cooler in sort of a hurry. Mine has a hole in it and the truck is sitting along the road. Nobody in my area has any I can probably get one from somebody here faster, the Chevy dealer here wants $212 and 3 to 4 days to get it, I was told that is expensive. I am not sure if there is a napa close that would have something like that. Thanks:help

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
might be able to find a universal one or even just hook up the lines bypassing the cooler to get you home.

Or there is always JB Weld.

How bad is it leaking?

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
+1 on bypassing the cooler temporarily til you get home and off the side of the road. Then you can just go to a pick n pull and be on your way

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's leaking really bad, I work up in the mountain in a coal pit, its smashed pretty good, it needs replaced, I just don't want to wait for the dealer, and I have no I dea where to get a universal one or any other kind...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am gonna bypass it for now til I can figure out where to get one.

·
Registered
945 Posts
did you try any salvage yards. If you need the fuel line disconnect tools i have them. You can call me at 339-3799.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the tool, I don't know of anyone around here that would have some thing that new maybe Joe's or comfort brothers, thanks for the tool offer.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No luck at the local junk yards...

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Worst case scenario, before purchasing one from a dealer I would just go ahead and contact Mike L for his upgraded one. No sense in spending that kind of coin for a stock one again, know what i mean?

·
Registered
945 Posts
did you call alexanders chevy in montoursville. If you can't get it bypassed or find one if you have a trailer available i can tow it home for you.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks, I got it home, I am not having any luck finding one yet.

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
Worst case scenario, before purchasing one from a dealer I would just go ahead and contact Mike L for his upgraded one. No sense in spending that kind of coin for a stock one again, know what i mean?
He has a problem with the fuel cooler [by the transmission] You are talking about trans cooler. I doubt Mike l would have a fuel cooler. :D

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
He has a problem with the fuel cooler [by the transmission] You are talking about trans cooler. I doubt Mike l would have a fuel cooler. :D
I never thought so either but I've read quite a few places now that he has one available.. A lot of guys on duramaxdiesels were talking about them?

Definitely NOT sent from my iPhone while jumping on a trampoline wearing a banana hammock..

·
Registered
2,538 Posts

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
To the OP, also check out the Derale 15800 or 15830 as mentioned in that thread, they look to be suitable replacements without breaking the bank available through summit racing

Definitely NOT sent from my iPhone while jumping on a trampoline wearing a banana hammock..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts