Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reaching out for advice. I’m going to replace my fuel filter head on my 2004 LB7. I notice on here that a lot of people upgrade to the LBZ head but it does not have the heater on it. I use this truck to plow snow, so it’s in cold weather a lot. I saw that Racor makes a direct replacement for the LB7 that does not need the fuel line rerouteS as does DMax store. Is this a decent brand or is A/C delco factory LBZ upgrade better? Also want to replace the fuel lines off the housing. Need truck to be reliable when plowing. Thanks all

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was having problems with my filter head a while back. I thought about replacing the entire head, but always liking to save a buck I ended up finding a rebuild kit on fleabay. I replaced all the o rings and rubber seals. My kit came with instructions but there are several youtube videos out there. Anyways, it works great 5,000 miles later. It was super easy. I did it in about 5 miniutes, but i'm sure even a blind toddler with rubber chickens for hands could do it in under 15. As far as an upgraded head or lines i couldn't tell ya. Thats just what i did.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts