Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Any one have a simplified method of changing the fuel filter?
Yeah i let my mechanics at work do it. Oil change, oil filter, and fuel filter, and CAT filter is about 85$. Well worth it in my book.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fuel Filter

I wish I had that luxury but where I live it's $150, & that's just for the fuel filter change.:mad:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Change it yourself, It's sooooooooo easy!!!!!!! Consider installing a prefilter, less expensive and saves # of changes on the expensive factory.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fuel Filter

I did change it by pulling the wheelwell liner. I know there's an easier way but was afraid of trying to move the AC line.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
I never bent my ac line. I have done it once with removing the battery and twice without.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Fuel Filter

I keep thinking I have enough room to get the filter out without moving the AC as well. My one problem is I can't seem to get the electrical connection under the filter to release when trying to get at it from above.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
I keep thinking I have enough room to get the filter out without moving the AC as well. My one problem is I can't seem to get the electrical connection under the filter to release when trying to get at it from above.

It is kinda tricky, but after working on the F-16 for 11 years, you find a way...thanks to engineers that only seen their stuff on CADD.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
I take the connector out of the wire loop tie and use a screwdriver to push in the tab to release it while I pull it apart. You have to contort your body a little sometimes to get it. The first time was the hardest though.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've never had to bend my A/C line or remove any parts. I find it easy to remove. The electrical comes unclipped very easy and the whole assembly just unthreads and drops down. Install new in reverse no problems, I wonder why so many have found this difficult, Is there a difference in where the filters are mounted from truck to truck?:confused:

·
Registered
300 Posts
I wonder why so many have found this difficult, Is there a difference in where the filters are mounted from truck to truck?:confused:
Ive wondered the same thing. I drop my filter down

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Fuel Filter

The Filters are all in the same place but the AC line that has been talked about is sometimes off by as much as an inch, giving one enough room to bring the filter out thru the top without bending the AC line.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've never had to bend my A/C line or remove any parts. I find it easy to remove. The electrical comes unclipped very easy and the whole assembly just unthreads and drops down. Install new in reverse no problems, I wonder why so many have found this difficult, Is there a difference in where the filters are mounted from truck to truck?:confused:
I agree with rebel it is very easy to replace once you have done it a few times. It really shoudn't take more that ten minutes. The most time consuming part is changing the water fuel sensor over to the new filter. Good luck!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
There is a slight variance in the A/C line location. Just enough to make the difference between bending it & not bending it. I could not disconnect the electrical from above. Any secrets to that?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts