Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is pathetic....but I changed my first fuel filter today and I wanted to share my experiences...because I noticed that everyone's is different. First off...I don't understand how ANYONE can get a strap wrench around the fuel filter...I tried 3 different kinds with no success. And then I decided to rip my wheel wall off...and still couldn't get one to work. So I finally decided to just do it with my hands and it worked. So I took it off....used a reg. wrench to get the cheap plastic piece of crap water sensor off....it was easier than I thought. And I didn't use and type of lube or anything to put it back on...it was really easy....and I checked for leaks and there are none. I didn't even use a filter wrench to tighten it. And I primed an empty filter 3 times and it was full and my truck ran fine. I've heard horror stories and it wasn't that at all. And alot of people say the gas spills out....I had absolutely NO gas spill anywhere. And next time...I will NOT take the wheel well off. That was awful. Ok...I'm done now. I was just proud of myself doing it successfully with no help.:rockin

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does water get in the fuel easily? I read how to drain it...but I didn't think it was a common thing?

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I buy from the same place all the time. And it seems to be good. Plus I run Stanadyne every single tank. If I do get water..it will let me know right? And all I do is unscrew that little white thing on the bottom of the sensor right?

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
For me running stanadyne...it's only an extra 67 cents per tank. For me it's piece of mind and it doesn't bother me to spend the money. But as far as a fuel water seperator....how much is one? And is it hard to install?

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Ok...here is my next question. If I don't purchase this....what are the chances of me getting water in my fuel considering I live in PA which means the coldest it gets is around 0 and that's only 2 days a year. Typically it's around 18 to 35. And I use Stanadyne every tank. AND...I just googled it and looked everywhere and I can't find where to purchase one....and how much it costs. Can anyone tell me the price of this? And is the guard worth getting?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts