Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Coffee addict
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if I missed it somewhere in here, but just wanted to share a tip I learned today while changing my fuel filter. I always had the hardest time getting the o-ring to stay in place while installing it, especially with AC delco and Recor filters, if i stretch out the rubber o-ring before installing the filter, being careful not to break it, the o-ring stays in place a hell of a lot better!

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
A lil petroleum jelly helps too.

·
Registered
434 Posts

·
Coffee addict
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Coffee addict
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Get the word out!

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
I keep a lil grease in my truck kit with the extra filter so I can get the darn o-ring to stay in place.

·
Premium Member
26,484 Posts
If they'd STOP foldin' the 'O'ring pack and stuffin' it in the filter, then it wouldn't have the memory laden bend that continually wants to flex up. :cookoo[1]:
I set it out in the sun for a while before I start. Aggravating BS!

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
I use a little dialectric in the o-ring groove, its sticky stuff and I havent had a problem with it coming out yet

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
If they'd STOP foldin' the 'O'ring pack and stuffin' it in the filter, then it wouldn't have the memory laden bend that continually wants to flex up. :cookoo[1]:
I set it out in the sun for a while before I start. Aggravating BS!
ya but your sun and my sun are different. mine comes with rain and a side of moss and mildew. I love austin, hope to be back down there again soon to see the relatives.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts