Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just going to go down to O'riellys or Napa and pick up a fuel filter and change it. However, now I read about it and am wondering if I need that special wrench?

Also I was planning on running a Wix filter but am not sure now. Let me know what I need and I will go pick it up. Thanks

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I run only run Baldwin, Oem, and Lubefiner. That special wrench is nice but not a must have. I used channel locks before. If planning on keeping the truck make the investment of the wrench. I would personally no run a wix or any filter of that matter from oreillys or napa.

·
Registered
991 Posts
dont buy a special wrench!! gentle use with channel locks works fine. unplug the WIF sensor, use a strap wrench or your channel locks to spin filter off. dump fuel out of filter then use channel locks to gently remove your WIF from the filter. I did it this way plenty of times before I got my air dog. I always used a NAPA GOLD filter (about 40 bucks) Also take out your wheel well liner to get at the filter much easier!! make sure you lube up the rubber seals before you put back on!!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good to know. Thanks guys. So where would I go to pick up a Baldwin or Luberfiner filter?

·
Premium Member
26,485 Posts
Run the Racor/AC Delco Coalescer fuel filter for the best performance, water removal, and longevity...Save some bucks over the AutoParts store and order from one of this Site's Vendors. Many offer even more savings with filter multipacks of various filters for your Hd.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
10-4. I looked at Kennedy Diesel, Alligator Performance and Thoroughbred Diesel and still could not find the Racor/AC Delco Coalescer. Any vendors you could point me to would be helpful thanks.

I did like the idea of replacing the WIF sensor w/ what Kennedy had to offer.

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
10-4. I looked at Kennedy Diesel, Alligator Performance and Thoroughbred Diesel and still could not find the Racor/AC Delco Coalescer. Any vendors you could point me to would be helpful thanks.

I did like the idea of replacing the WIF sensor w/ what Kennedy had to offer.
ck Mad Jacks Discount Diesel Maintenence & Performance Parts - Discount Diesel Parts & Filters

he sells a Dmax filter "kit" that has oil, fuel and trans filters cheaper shipped than you can buy a FF for at napa or OReilly's. i get all mine from him and they are usually there in two days :)

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,954 Posts
I have bought mine from Mrmanners, dmaxstore, and PTP. I have not used Dane(madjacks) yet. Next time Dane... I am here alot and try to spread my buisness around

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
i have an lmm but pretty sure they are the same i just did mine like a week ago i used a oil filter wrench to get the old one off but if your lucky the person that did it before you knows what they are doing and only hand tightened it

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
ps call mrmanners he will hook you up thats where i got mine

·
Registered
2 Posts
fuel filter replacement

Easiest way to change the fuel filter is to remove the fender well. Its a few plastic rivets and two screws and the filter is right there in front of you. WIF switch connector is also very easy to disconnect.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Fuel filter Replacement

Easiest way to change the fuel filter is to remove the fender well. Its a few plastic rivets and two screws. The filter will be right there in front of you. WIF switch connector is also easy to disconnect.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts