Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
i bought some off of ebay,i saved about 12 bucks per filter also bought my tranny filter there to

·
Registered
85 Posts

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
fleetguard. they are a huge player in the diesel filter market. WIX (napa gold or carquest +) makes a decent product too.... there is also Baldwin, its a Nebraska product and they build a great filter. i use Baldwin or Fleetguard in my truck...

·
Registered
484 Posts
all the Duramax fuel filters are made by Racor, no matter who's box they come in

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
all the Duramax fuel filters are made by Racor, no matter who's box they come in
i know for a fact that is not true. a good friend of mine works for Baldwin and he hooks me up with filters. Where did you hear that? The filters are made by individual manufactures per specifications provided by Isuzu/GM.

·
Registered
132 Posts
baldwin used to made by racor (made in the usa). now baldwin gets theirs made over seas.

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
baldwin filters are made in Nebraska. I used to live 2 miles from a manufacturing plant... several of my friends worked there for "summer jobs" where are you guys getting this information?? check this link out... i lived in Kearney NE for several years... the HQ for baldwin... seriously... where do you people hear this stuff?? Baldwin Filters

·
Registered
132 Posts
what are those south africa and mexico places on the link?

my dad's buddy @ work got a baldwin filter stamped ''made in china'' f-that

·
Registered
484 Posts
My local parts store that I deal with is a fleetgaurd, baldwin, wix, fram, and racor dealer. The Racor filter is the cheapest fuel filter from them for a duramax, why? Because nobody other than them has to buy it from Racor like the other manufacturers do. This was at least up until last July, other manufacturers may have started making their own now, if they did I am not aware of it.

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Like i said. the HQ is in Kearney Nebraska... A good friend of mine is a production manager for the QA devision and has handed me filters produced in Kearney before... What evidence are you trying to argue?? This is a stupid discussion. Someone asked what brands are good, and i have seen tests performed on all brands at the testing facility in Kearney.. thats why i use the filters... END OF STORY... if you want to take a plat tour and take a filter home from Nebraska, let me know when you are around!

·
Registered
484 Posts
I just talked to my favorite NAPA parts man partsguy662 and up until 6 months ago Racor was the only manufacturer making Duramax fuel filters. Now there is 3 companies that make them. So......I'll drink an Iron City to it

·
Registered
45 Posts
TeeBone! Hey again!

I ended up ordering a case of each oil/fuel/tranny. Split the cases up between myself and a couple other buds. I think it was about $300 total or $100 each.

I change the oil and tranny every 5000 and the fuel every 10,000.

Don't forget to save the magnet off the tranny filter!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts