Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my 04 Duramax going on three years now and still haven't resolved this issue. When the tank gets about 3/4 full when filling up with fuel the nozzle shuts off and if you look in the filler neck there is a lot of foam. Then it takes forever to fill the rest of the way up due to stopping and waiting for the foam to settle down and so on. Several friends of mine do not have this problem with their Duramax's. I have looked at the filler neck from underneath of the truck several of times and there is not a kink in it, is there possibly a vent someplace that could be plugged up? Thank you for the help in advance!

Registered
There is a vent that comes out of the bulkhead where the fuel pick up is on top of the tank. I've had to Duramaxes and they both acted similar, what I do is don't push the nozzle all the way in while filling and use the second click not full speed on the nozzle. Mine gets pretty full before shut off, maybe a gallon short. Also, different station pumps seem to feel a different speeds. Hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.