Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey looking to find some answering on my truck. just bought an 04 2500hd extended cab with 170k on it. i bought it knowing it needed injectors and the gauge cluster replaced, but i did get the truck for 5000$ one heck of a deal. i am waiting on the injectors to get done and went to the pump yesterday because the truck read empty and i filled it up but when i got back in it the gauge still read empty. i have had the cluster replaced already. any ideas on what could be going on? any help would be great! thanks

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
It`s most likely your fuel sender unit in the tank as it is a very common problem with our trucks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok so im guessing the tank needs to be dropped or i need to pull the bed off. where can i order that part from?

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
The best way is to pull the bed off. I`m not sure where to get a new one but the damn things are expensive like around $400

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
does anyone know where to get a new sending unit for a good price?

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Oreilly Auto online has them for $316. That sucks I would find a used one at a junkyard and at least try it for that much.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
duramaxs are rare at least around here in the junk yards

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Yea thats true. So expensive for such a small part.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah i think i might know where one is but it would be luck to be able to get that part for cheap knowing these guys worse than the dealership on some stuff

1 - 9 of 9 Posts