Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a RDS fuel tank on my truck. I drove up past Austin TX with no problems. The tank showed full all the way up there. On the way back my gas gauge went to E and the light turned on. Does it have anything to do with the tank instsall?

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I got home I closed the vlave that supplies the stock tank. I drove the truck all day today and about half way threw the day the gauge went back to normal. I guess it got tired of being full. LOL

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
A bigger fuel tank is Def. a good investment. When I go on long trips I have to stop when I get the chance because good diesel is hard to find in some spots. Was that thing hard to install??

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not at all. The tank just sits in your bed with three bolts. Take off the drain dlug from the tank and install the valve that comes with the kit. Then get under the truck and cut off 1 1/2" of your fill hose and install the TEE that somes with the tee. Then just run your hose to each end. Dont forget to run your vent line too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.