Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I noticed my oil pressure on my 02 duramax was lower than normal, so I pulled into the place that services my trucks and the technician tells me that my truck is about five quarts over full. Come to find out there was deisel fuel in the oil. Called the dealership where I purchased the truck and they informed me that I had bad injectors and that they would fix the problem under warraty and that GM had a recall on them and was extending te warranty to 200,000thousand miles. Anyone expereinced this and what should I check when I pick up my truck. They are replacing all of the injectors and tubes.

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
Sounds right, the early trucks were sort of known for bad injectors, it is a time involved process on a lb7 engine but not to hard. They have to remove both valve covers to change the injectors so you should be able to see that!

·
Registered
68 Posts
05LLY.............

Not intending to hijack, but what's normal oper oil pressure for an LLY?

Mine will start out a lil over 60 and after couple of miles is running down below 60.....at......about.......45......I guess(not looking at gauge while on puter). Is it normal for it to fall off like that?

Still learning bout my truck !!!

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
Yeah you oil psi sounds about right! it should idle between 15-30 psi depending on temp except on start up where ive seen mine as high as 80 when cold!

·
Registered
186 Posts
A good rule of thumb on oil pressure is no less than 10lbs per 1000 RPM any less you should be concerned

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thanks, ya'll.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Finally Got my truck back last Friday. All injectors were replaced under warranty. I looked under the hood before leaving the dealership and was shocked to find that the fuel filter had not been changed. Service manager told me that GM does not include the filter under this warranty repair. I would think any time you work on the fuel system you should replace the filter. To me thats like putting on dirty cloths after bathing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It is a special policy from GM Special Coverage Adjustment - Injectors-Replace #04039B that was released in November of 2007. Lately I've been getting a couple of diesel's back with high fuel return rate (white smoke) and the only cure is to replace all 8 injectors, but your vehicle has to fit under the specifications to do so, plus the dealership has to perform an injector balance test and flow rate test in order for GM to pay for new injectors in a truck, under certain conditions I've seen some customers whom have contaminated their fuel systems have to shell out $5,000+ in repairs because they've voided their warranty

·
Registered
4 Posts
LB7 injector nightmare!!

At 90k I had the injectors replaced. Only 16k later they said I needed to have the fuel regulator replaced. One thousand bucks later and two miles the same limp mode ses code kicked in . Took it back only to have them say well it looks like the injectors again. Wow so the injectors are only good for 16k miles? What a piece of crud fuel system. Any one else having the same problems? The engine goes into limp mode any time I give it the throttle. Especially if i havesomething in tow like my boat which weighs 9k loaded. They said well it's because of the weight. That was the whole reason for buying the truck in the first place.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts