Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the past 4 weeks i have managed to burn up an Airdog 150 and a 62 gallon per hour in line fuel pump i replaced my airdog with to get me out of a bind. I think that i have a cracked fuel line somewhere, however i have looked everywhere with the pump to see if i could feel fuel coming out of any of the lines, but i have not been able to find anything. I know that the pumps are not being burned up because of dirty fuel because i checked the filters and changed them when any kind of problems have come up. I was wondering if anybody had any ideas on why my truck is not getting fuel from the tank to the engine without the help of a lift pump. My truck is not throwing any codes and runs fine but it cannot hold fuel in the lines for longer than a few hours. If anybody has any suggestions or answers, it could help with a lot of headaches.
thank you

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
cp3 gone tits up? lift pump working overtime? guessing only.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After I prime the engine and start it, it does fine pulling fuel on its own. It just cant hold fuel in the lines for an extended period of time.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I put the lift pump on a switch because i was broke down on the side of the road and it was getting ready to start snowing and i needed to get home. SO i can shut it off after i start the engine and everything is fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts