Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have junk II inj 30 %overs lbz fpr and my lly hates it it fuel knocks llike hammers in the bmotor korys tuning
I have it on the stock tune it does it I hbave it on hot tune it does it
its deff not a rod because it doent do it at all rpm rages
y is it fuel knocking so darn bad:help

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
I think the first part of your statement sums it up. But any chance you got bad fuel? Check all the usual stuff, ice pick injector harness & look for issues with wiring around alternator bracket. Run injector cleaner? Did this just start or has it been going on for a while?

·
Registered
726 Posts
Idk why LLY's are so bad for knock. Mine comes and goes as it wants. I believe most of my knock was actually coming from my hydroboost/power steering.

I'd run down the fuel system first. Check filter head, new filters, check harness etc

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Why is it so hard to type in complete grammer? Jesus.
if you don't like how I type don't comment simple !!!!

and how does your hyroboost have anything to do with fuel knock
my hydroboost pump is shot but still works barely

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Do you use a additive. I Run FPPF total power it has cleaner ,cetane ,water disperse ,lubercity all one put in every tank fill. It might help.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
This time of year is common to hear this type of.complaint. most tuners don't adjust the timing compensation tables and the stock ones are horrendous in cold weather....can you say advanced timing!

Do you have a CTS to watch timing or fuel pressures during the problem?

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so you mean to tell me kory willis a top level tuner make tunes that don't like cold weather >>>>> im confusefse

1 - 9 of 9 Posts