Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have developed a fuel leak behind the rear door on the driver side. I looked under and it seems to be the line next to the frame rail at the fitting. It looks like it is some sort of compression fitting. Will this be covered by the dealer or should I try to fix it my self. Any help would be a lot of help.

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
I doubt it will be covered by GM, unless you have less than 36,000 miles and less than 36 months.

Is it the fuel return line-close the the fuel cooler ?

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
The fuel cooler is the small radiator, next to the trans, on the driver's side.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That would be what we are talking about it has 2 lines that go to it and the one near the frame rail is the one that is leaking. I was hoping that would be considered part of the drive train?

·
Registered
50 Posts
if it is covered under your warranty please post that it is . I have the same problem with my truck

·
Registered
141 Posts
Dixie Welcome to the forum, please fill out your signature and what mods, if any, you have done to the truck. We can assit you better this way.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
fuel leak

Dixie Welcome to the forum, please fill out your signature and what mods, if any, you have done to the truck. We can assit you better this way.
I got my truck back on Friday afternoon and it was the fuel cooler had rusted at the fitting and developed a lpin hole leak. They tell that they think it will be covered as well as the intermidiate steering shaft. They also changed another glow plug. My 100,000 is over in Novenber. I will have to wait and see cause this dealer goes way above to help the customers. I will let you'all know as soon as I do. Thanks for all the input.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thanks for letting me know

·
Registered
57 Posts
GM did nothing for me when I had the same issue last week. They said it does not happen often and since I was not the first owner they had no history. Sorry was the only response I got when I asked if they thought it was acceptable for a vehicle that cost as much as a Duramax to have such issues when 5 years old. By the way the dealer was good, it was GM that I talked too directly.

The fuel cooler and lines, transmission oil lines and the fan motor control have all had issues in the 2 years I have had my '06. To say I am disappointed is an understatement. I am going to sell this money pit before anything else craps out. Too bad, I really like it but the cost of constant repairs is too much.

My Duramax runs great but it has cost me more in the 2 years I have owned it than the 10+ years I owned my '94 6.5L TD Chevy pickup.

I see Government Motors is not really back.

Sorry for the rant but I have been a GM owner for over 30 years and never paid so much for such a dog.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am the first owner and have 62000 on it and they said they would get it covered under the 100000 mile drive train.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts