Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got done replacing the injectors in my '03 2500 & now am leaking diesel. I traced the leak to the pictured part, but I have no clue what it is or why it would be leaking fuel. Any help with ID or thoughts on why it would be the culprit would be appreciated.

This appears to be coming from under the engine right up against the firewall on the driver side.

Zoomed Out:
Zoomed In:

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Bump

Eyeballed that section of my truck and unable to see any fuel related plumbing in that area.

Any news on your end?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I still have no clue what that part is. It looks like I didn't torque down the HP line correctly on #2, so it was probably leaking out the back of the engine [toward the firewall] and that's where I could see the drip.

I had replaced injectors 2, 4, & 6, but wasn't able to get #8 out (and tore a muscle in my shoulder trying to get to it), so I only replaced those three. #6 was initially the only cylinder with a balance rate out of spec, but now I've got a few of them. I love this truck, but I'm gonna have to park it until I can afford to have a local shop replace all 8 w/ new fuel lines & cups.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts