Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had to replace the fuel lines on my 03 LB7 dually and I'd thought I'd share the story.

The connectors on top of the fuel cooler rusted out and, seeing the corrosion on the fuel lines, I knew it would be better to just replace the whole mess. I didn't think that would be a big problem.

I'd seen comments that the Dorman set did not fit exactly, so I was looking for an OEM set.

I got a new cooler from Rock Auto. They also had the fuel lines at somewhere around $300 but they wanted $150 for shipping so I started looking elsewhere. Dealer list on these is around $500 or so. I found a set on Amazon (free shipping), so I ordered those. About a week later I got a cancellation notice saying they couldn't get them because the warehouse had shut down because of the pandemic. OK, I found a supplier on ebay that specified a low shipping price and bought those. A couple days later the seller canceled the order because of a "bad shipping address".

OK, so I go back to Rock Auto and now the shipping is $348 (!!!)

My wife is a GM employee so I looked at getting them through the employee discount and picking them up a local warehouse. That function is shut down for the duration of the pandemic.

So I start looking hard and ran across a company called LinesToGo. Reviews looked good and they also had a stainless steel option for maybe $30 more and FREE shipping. So I bought a set of those and they showed up in a couple days. Unlike the OEM set, this set comes in 2 pieces, which really made getting the front set threaded up by the engine a lot .easier. I had to take off 2 brackets from the originals and transfer them to the new set,. but otherwise they were ready to install. I also ended up getting new hoses from the tank level sensor to the fuel lines (nice teflon and SS) but the old quick disconnects actually came apart so I didn't have to drop the tank and use those.

I think the one thing I may regret is not getting the fuel cooler fittings in SS from them but the new cooler had the OEM fittings and I went with those. The orignials lasted 17 years.

The fit was perfect and the two piece construction made installation relatively easy. I did have to loosen up the ABS module to be able to get the pipes through but they snapped right into place.

I have no affiliation with them, other than a happy customer. If you need fuel lines, I'd highly recommend them.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Sounds like a real win. Thanks for posting this. I believe there is another post on the board currently that has the same problem you did. Hope he reads your info.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts