Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any reports on fuel economy for the 2500 or 3500 08's I was looking to buy one.... they sure do ride nice and have good acceleration compared to my 02 DMAX I am currently getting 11 loaded 18 empty, carrying one L shaped 118gal fuel tank and one 53gal square tool box and 5th wheel style goose neck hitch. my truck stays loaded most of the time; hauling fuel and what not. I pull around a 287B rubber track loader on my trailer.
thanks for reading.
-Eric

·
Registered
53 Posts
Our 2500 4x4 ranges from 11 to 14 with a 7k, 22 ft Alpinelite 5th Wheel on it.
Bill
(check out the towing forum)

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
the newer Diesels(that includes the Cummins,Duramax and the PowerStroke)have the EPA stuff one them have been suffering with lower fuel economy so i would highly advise you tp try and find a 06 to 07 classic duramax without all the EPA crap on it..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Mpg

I have an 07' LMM 4x4 CC Z-71 with 4,200 miles and I'm getting 19-20 mpg on the highway unloaded. I'm completely happy with the fuel economy compared to my old gasser, but I'm gonna put a few miles on it and try a programer to see if my mpg will increase a little.

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
ive got an 06 lbz with a 6 inch lift and 35.. with just a moderate tune from hypertech i get around 15 in town and 17 to 18 on the hwy with 30,000 miles on teh truck.. but i also have intake and turbo back exhaust.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Milage and Programmer

We also get this millage when empty. The towing millage is what were particularly concerned with as this is really what costs when it drops below 12, and you seem to eternally looking for a gas station, with low sulfur diesel.

Also, be very careful with the chip. They can trash your transmission and void your warranty if you are not careful. Most dealers seem to be on the lookout for them and I have heard some ugly, expensive stories.

Bill

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
yeah i am actully selling my hypertech tomarrow.. (cuz they suck) then getting the ppe for gas milage..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts