Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody on here done any fuel mileage research on their trucks. What are you getting? What does your computer say you're getting. Mine said 13.8 tonight on the computer but i checked it when i filled up at the farm and it was only 12.6 Pretty good huh.............That SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
how much idling did you do? How about stop and go traffic? Did you check to make sure your speedo was reading right? Might be off a little with the 265s.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it idles all the time which i know doesnt help and its just around the farm basically 5 miles a day or so through winter occasianlly goes on 2-3 hour trips to big city but thats it and it could be better........ Don't care, just wondered what everybody else was getting under their driving habbits. Plus mine hauls round bales of hay through the winter also

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
I get 12-14 mpg just driving around base and it idles a lot to warm up with the extreme cold right now......-38F. That sucks! I get around the same pulling a trailer with snowmachines when I get on what they call highways up here in AK. Usually closer to 12 then.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
have you recalled for the bigger tires? If not, you are getting better than 11.2 mpg. Also, if you hand calculate, your mileage will most likely be different too. I don't go by my DIC since it is off because of the programmers that I use.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I penciled it out when i filled up and thats what i get. I didnt allow for the 265's because thats what the 1ton srw's come with stock. It just sucks fuel and i love every minute of it........hahaha

·
Registered
300 Posts
I know out engines are different but i dont idle much at all and have very little stop and go, not much hwy either. I get 13.6 I can get 17.4 straight hwy if i have the powerpup set on 60hp tune.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
heard that i like it so i dont care what the fuel mileage is i guess, its goin to have to be worse than our Kenworth before i quit drivin it hahaha

·
Registered
152 Posts
2006 3500 Ext LB. Using Stanadyne since ULSD hit the local pumps. 17-17.5mpg with winter mix and 18.5-19mpg this last summer. This is a mix of stop and go/ hiway miles and hand calculated. I'm loving it so far..:rockin

Grizz

·
Registered
7 Posts
Anybody on here done any fuel mileage research on their trucks. What are you getting? What does your computer say you're getting. Mine said 13.8 tonight on the computer but i checked it when i filled up at the farm and it was only 12.6 Pretty good huh.............That SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!
check it regularly and it is not great. average of 9.5 towing and it does not matter what, 11-14 around town depending on how much i abuse the peddle, and 15-22 on the highway but do not count on the 22mpg much it was doing 55 putzing around in the mountians mostly about 15 at 85 mph. but the cool thing is it likes to tow at 85 mph. I have a 01 hd 2500 2wd banks stinger kit. but all in all it is better than my old standard truck got since it was usually 10mpg considering the 4wd version of this truck weighs just under twice as much and has way more work capability.. also had a 97 4wd suburban with 454 gas motor that a wopping got 2mpg towing the race trailer loaded to about 15k. 9 around town empty, and 13 on hwy. the duramax is not greatly better but it does considerably more work on what used to be the lowest grade fuel. but somehow it is now as expensive as premo go figure

·
Registered
17 Posts
We haven't towed our fifthwheel yet so I don't know what our LBZ will get under load but at 82mph empty we average about 17.5, that's with or without our snugtop, I used redline 85 plus and it went up to 19, my father in-law pulls a 5'er that weighs around 1000 lbs more than ours and at 70mph he was getting 12+, our old LLY was only barely getting 10, and he out pulled us like we weren't even trying!! guess now I know how those 6.0PSD owners feel!!:wink

·
Registered
186 Posts
Mine is bone stock and I don’t trust the DIC it usually gives a conservative estimate. I usually get 2-3 miles more per gallon than what the DIC says. So in town I get 14-16 and highway I get 17-19 depending on if I put my foot in it or not. I haven’t had mine but for 20 days now and I really can’t wait to pull my travel trailer with it that weighs 5900 fully loaded. I used to pull it with my 84 K10 and got a whopping 7 MPG I barely held the speed limit, I had to hold my head in shame as people passed me. But I'm sure I can be proud now.

·
Registered
527 Posts

what level are you running on?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Tow the first level

·
Registered
527 Posts
do you tow all the time? cause if not i would run it on level 2 or 3. also check your fuel filter and try using an additive.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.